- This sewing class has passed.
Hands On Quilting with HandiQuilter – 10/02/20 Event Center
October 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| $149
Please join us for this fun, informative, and hands on Handi Quilter Long arm event!
This is a two day event.
Friday, Oct 2 from 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday, Oct 3 from 10 am to 5 pm
Curious about solving the mystery of longarm quilting? Or are you looking for a chance to brush up your longarm skills? This class demystifies longarm quilting by teaching all the basics! We’ll start with machine and frame features and maintenance, then demonstrate loading a quilt. We’ll move on to picking the perfect thread for your project, setting your tension, and choosing designs for your quilt. This class is full of great tips and tricks while exhibiting all the great Looking for the perfect circle or wave? Or how about a heart or arc? These shapes are all possible with consistency and precision when you use a ruler or template.
Learn the safe way to use these tools, starting with the right foot. We’ll explore designs like waves with channels, curved crosshatching, and echoing around applique. Rulers will become your new favorite quilting design tool.
Tired of doing edge to edge? Have you ever wanted to layout a design for your whole quilt?
It’s easy to plan with a few simple steps. We’ll start with exploring how to find one motif then breaking it down into pieces for every area of your quilt. Select and customize designs to complement each area, and learn how to accomplish the quilting quickly and easily. Classic fillers and modern designs will all be explored.
• Longarm machine and frame features and maintenance
• How to set tension on a bobbin and your machine, needles and thread
• How to load your quilt onto a frame
• Choosing the right thread and designs for your project
• A basic overview of free-motion techniques and ruler work
• Ruler safety: Sure Foot, ruler base & the right rulers
• Use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• How to mark for rulers
• HQ VersaTool®, stitch-in-the-
• Wave Rulers, modern and classic designs
• Creating a custom plan for your quilt using Preview Paper
• Learn how to make borders fit without measuring
• Marking your quilt so your design is consistent
• Develop your own design library of background fills
• How to get your designs marked on the quilt
Pen / pencil and notepad for taking notes
Snacks, drinks and lunch provided
Machines and supplies provided – There will be one person per machine. If you feel comfortable sharing a machine with a relative or someone from your household, please contact Larissa (Event Coordinator) directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org for special arrangements.
The event will be set up following strict and safe social distance guidelines. Masks are required. Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available. All food and drink will be pre-packaged and boxed for safety. All machines and work areas will be sanitized and plastic handle covers will be provided.
Please check our class policies page for our cancellation policy.