Summer seems to be finally here! How can we fit in all our UFO projects, classes and June special events when the hiking trails, lakes, and parks are calling? Well, I recommend we do a little of everything! Take a hike, then stop by the Colorado Springs Store and sew a jelly roll! Go boating then attend the one day Anita Gooddesign workshop. Have a picnic then be sure to register for the Brother Sweepstakes giveaway. Read on for the details.
Jelly Roll Race
The first of our June special events is a race! One of the first blogs I wrote was about the Jelly Roll Race at the Colorado Springs store last July. Guess what? It’s time for another race! Race to the finish to see who can sew together 32 rows of jelly roll strips in the fastest time. Bring your jelly roll to the store on June 9 at 1:00 p.m. and start your engines…er…sewing machines.
To compete, sign up here.
Some important prep work is needed before the race:
- Pick up a Jelly Roll or Pinwheel from Rocky Mountain Sewing and Vacuum in Colorado Springs or create your own using fabrics from your stash.
- To qualify, your jelly roll must consist of 40 strips that are 2 1/2″ x width of fabric.
- Sew strips end-to-end using the 45 degree angle method (like joining strips of binding).
- Roll your very long strip (approximately 1600″) as a single layer and bring it with you to the race.
- Do not roll with ends together and do not bring any apparatus to aid in unrolling at the the start of the race; doing so will disqualify you.
If you have questions about preparing your jelly roll or about the rules, please give us a call (719-597-8888) before race day.
Cost for the race is $10.00 and prizes will be awarded to the three fastest times.
Anita University I Can Quilt 201
The second of our June Special Events brings back Anita Goodesign. We are proud to introduce the second University class, I Can Quilt 201. See how, through their unique quilting method, Anita Goodesign saves you time, money, and fabric – it’s a win win win! Learn about every quilting technique that Anita Goodesign currently has, and see how Anita Goodesign has revolutionized in-the-hoop quilting. Time-honored methods such as Trapunto or Crazy Stitch or their unique Radial Quilting are on the agenda.
We’re also excited to show you their Quilting 1, 2, 3 method as well. This separates the main elements of your quilt block, which include the background stitching, the frame, and the design that is in the center, and allows you to construct a one-of-a-kind block. You choose these main elements so that your project is easily and uniquely yours. What happens once your blocks are stitched out? How does Anita Goodesign finish their quilts? You guessed it, you’re going to learn that as well. Sew much to discover and learn!
Sign up for an Anita’s University class today. For only $59.00 you will experience learning in a new and fun way. Each of our locations will hold this class as a one day session:
- Arvada — Wednesday, June 13, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Littleton — Thursday, June 14, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Aurora — Friday, June 15, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Colorado Springs — Saturday, June 16, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You’ll stitch out projects in our hands-on team-sewing environment. Choose which design you want to sew within a certain technique when it’s your turn to sew. With so many individuals with so many choices, you’ll, no doubt, see many different stitch outs – peeking on your classmate’s work is encouraged at Anita’s University!
- A 3-ring binder with 250+ pages of step-by-step tutorials
- A USB stick with over 130+ designs
- New special class pricing on their products
- Exclusive sneak peeks on new techniques & new collections
- Experience 3 hands-on projects on state-of-the-art machines in a team sewing environment
- New, fun ways to win prizes
Brother’s “Ten Days of Giving Sweepstakes”
No, it’s not Thanksgiving, but it is Brother’s 110th anniversary. They want to celebrate years’ worth of industry success and innovation by including all of you who have made Brother successful. So to celebrate, they are giving away 10 $110 Brother pre-paid Visa® Gift Card(s) and 1 Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive 3 days and 2 nights, at the Walt Disney Resort Swan Hotel in beautiful Orlando, Florida. While there, you will be given an exclusive back stage pass to the Brother Back to Business event where you will be among the first to see their new product lineups and enjoy a meet-and-greet and one (1) hour sewing lesson with fashion designer and sewing celebrity, Angela Wolf. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a NEW 2019 Brother machine and a $500.00 Brother pre-paid Visa® Gift Card to enjoy Orlando.
Please join in the fun and Celebrate 110 years of Innovation with Brother. You can’t win if you don’t try, so sign up here, today. Drawings will take place between June 21 – June 30th, and the winners’ names will be posted on the Brother Sweepstakes page and on the @BrotherSews Facebook page.
Of course, there are always classes being held at our stores, so if you’re not in to camping, hiking, biking, boating, etc. and want to spend some quality time with some wonderful people, check out our June class schedule and sign up for something that interests you.