Ah, June! A time for weddings, graduations, and thankfully warmer weather for other fun events. And, of course, for June Sew Fun at Rocky Mountain Sewing and Vacuum. This month our Sew Fun presenter has a whole slate of projects to show you that we know you are going to love.
Home of the Brave
In April, our Sew Fun presenter showed us the embroidery project, Home of the Free from Primrose Lane. This month we’re delighted to show you Home of the Brave. This quilt pattern by Cathey Marie Designs is perfect for the 4th of July, the veteran in you life, or for donating to Quilts of Valor.
This nationalistic take on the American flag is made with the easy-to-use, multi-function Y Block Ruler. With a finished Size 67″ x 79″, this is a great quilt to snuggle up and watch fireworks in July on a cool summer evening.
Sew It Yourself Home Accessories
Add style and glamour to your home with stylish accessories made with natural cotton with Sew It Yourself Home Accessories. Making your own custom accessories is a great way to add color, texture, and comfort to your life—and can be fun too!
Make a range of useful items, from cushions, aprons, and oven mitts to a laptop case, table linen, and even a doorstop! This book has so many wonderful projects, and it’s never to early to start your Christmas sewing. The book has 21 projects to whip up in a weekend or less.
- Simple and beautiful projects to make with natural cotton
- Projects for aprons, bags, cushions, device cases, placemats, totes, and more
- Stash busting small projects use fabric pieces you probably already own
- Easy-to-follow instructions with over 200 step-by-step photographs make sewing accessible for beginners
- Covers basic techniques from simple hems and seams to piping and buttonholes
Each project can be completed in just one weekend, and the clear step-by-step instructions and color photographs make the process straightforward and simple, even for absolute beginners. A basics section at the front of the book introduces you to all of the tools, materials and techniques you need to know.
There are some great gift ideas in this book! Start now and you can spend December sewing for yourself or finishing up your UFO’s.
June Sew Fun
To see what else we have in store for you this month, be sure to attend one of our June Sew Fun sessions. There is a lot to show you!
Of course, be sure to bring your finished projects for Show-and-Tell.
With multiple sessions a day at each of our locations, how can you miss it? We hope you can join us at one of these times:
- Aurora: Tuesday, June 18, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m or 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Littleton: Wednesday, June 19, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m or 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Arvada: Thursday, June 20, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m or 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Colorado Springs: Friday, June 21, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. or 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Come join the fun, meet and make new friends, and eat some chocolate.
In the meantime check out last month’s Show and Tell projects made by our wonderful customers!