April showers are supposed to bring May flowers. Not sure if that will happen, but April will bring some really wonderful April events coming your way at our new event center.
In addition, as always, we’re offering some great in-store classes. Check them out below and see our full April offerings by clicking here.
Join us at the NEW Rocky Mountain Event Center, April 11 and 12 for the Brother All Star Extravaganza starring Angela Wolf, Louis Carney and more! You don’t want to miss this exciting two-day event.
At this hands-on, team sewing event you will get to rotate between four different classrooms to learn a variety of sewing and embroidery techniques.
- Create and complete an adorable tote bag on the Brother CV3550 Coverstitch Serger with Angela Wolf!
- Discover incredible sewing and embroidery features of the Brother Luminaire XP1 with Louis Carney!
- Learn how to glass etch and foil on the Brother Scan N Cut SDX 225!
- Get educated on stabilizer and embroidery techniques with Floriani experts.
For $149, kits, lunch and refreshments will be provided for this two-day class (10 am – 5 pm).
There is even more fun on Saturday, April 13 at a fun and informative lecture demo day with Angela Wolf!
Angela Wolf, fashion and pattern designer, is the anchor of the PBS series It’s Sew Easy and host of Behind the Scenes and Sewing News LIVE weekly Facebook shows.
Entrepreneur, consultant, author of How to Start a Home-based Fashion Design Business, and founder of Angela Wolf Pattern Collection. Angela teaches online and virtual classes on Angela Wolf Academy, Craftsy, and Patternreview, with over 140,000 students from all over the world. Angela contributes to Threads, Sew Stylish, and Sew News magazines; In addition, she is a wonderful vlogger, blogger, influencer, and brand ambassador for Brother International.
She is the winner of 2008 Passion for Fashion, 2012 American Sewing Expo’s Teacher of the Year and has received numerous recognition awards including 2016 Outstanding Industry Contributor, 2018 Best Lifestyle Live Facebook Show, Best Educational Vlog, and Best Facebook Sewing Group.
She is a wealth of information, and we are so lucky that she will be at our Event Center April 13 from 10 am to 5 pm to share with us!
Cost for the seminar is $49.99 and lunch is NOT included. Please feel free to bring your own lunch.
OESD Hands On Super Spree
In this two day event, you will learn to make six different projects, plus you’ll learn valuable embroidery tips and techniques to make your own projects more successful and less stressful!
Gain embroidery inspiration as you view a wide variety of embroidery projects on display. In this class you will:
- Learn how to choose the right products for most any type of project.
- Get two days of instruction from an embroidery expert.
- Complete six fun projects.
- Receive a class CD with all class projects and step-by-step handouts.
- See a trunk show of beautiful embroidery projects.
- Have a chance to win door prizes and giveaways.
- Receive a goody bag valued at over $200.
Do you love purses and bags and totes?
Do you want to learn how to make purses and bags and totes?
This class is for you!
Every month you can bring in your new favorite purse pattern, and we will help you decipher the directions and you will have a new purse!
This is a fun version of the four corners apron from Vanilla House.
This sweet frock has scalloped edges around the bottom which accents the pockets and the neckline flap.
You will learn how to sew scalloped edges, make straps, add pockets and line an apron.
BERNINA V8 embroidery software lets you design, import, edit, manage, and freely configure your embroidery designs, and much more – the ideal tool for creating your own distinctive embroidery motifs. The powerful BERNINA embroidery software works in a similar manner to a graphics program, giving you completely free rein in turning your ideas into reality.
In the 10 months of classes we explore various parts of the program. There are no classes in July or December
A video lesson prepared by Bernina educators is shown with written handouts. Each student receives the entire video lesson, handouts and designs to take home to practice.
In this session, you will learn the more advanced features of using your Serger. We will go over threading for 5 thread stitches, coverhem (if a feature) and any available decorative techniques.
This class is for the owner of any brand of standard Serger (this excludes Baby Lock air threading).
Prequisite: Serger, Part 1 or staff permission.
Let’s Be Copy Cats! Learn Basic Computer Skills for Managing Embroidery Designs
If you struggle using your computer and have difficulty copying and saving designs from the web, email or a CD, join us for a 4-hour computer usage class.
In this class, you will:
- Learn basics of Windows File Explorer
- Copy an embroidery design from a CD to your PC or USB stick
- Copy a design from your computer to a USB stick
- Save files from email and web downloads to your PC or USB stick
- Learn how to unzip and save files.
Please note: This class is for PCs only – no MACs.
- Colorado Springs April 22, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Arvada — April 23, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Aurora –– April 24, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Littleton — April 29 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Join us for our monthly Sew Fun sessions. We have a new presenter this month and can’t wait to see what she has in store for us!
Aurora: Tuesday, April 16th, 10am, 2pm, 6pm
Littleton: Wednesday, April 17th, 10am, 2pm, 6pm
Arvada: Thursday, April 18th, 10am, 2pm, 6pm
Colorado Springs: Friday, April 19th, 1pm, 5pm